1. Lathe: Number one is my lathe. That allows me to turn table legs and candlesticks. I think that the lathe is the piano of woodworking. The lathe allows you to do so much more—table legs, candlesticks, bowls, you name it.
2. Table saw: A table saw is a must-have. You’ve got to have a table saw.
3. Chisel: Really, really sharp chisels are so important. That’s really where all the fine work is done, so that’s super important.
4. Hand planers: I love a really good hand planer. It’s good for cleaning up work and just a great tool for a lot of different things. There’s something very satisfying about planing something by hand every once in a while. It feels good to really get yourself into the work.
5. Hammer: A really solid hammer. Keep it simple. A hammer is something you always take with you—a go-to hammer or mallet is always nice to have.”
Related: 5 Tools Fixer Upper’s Chip Gaines Swears By
Don't forget to share Clint Harp’s Woodworking Advice | Better Homes & Gardens to your friend.